care specific to your prenatal needs
ELEVATION HEALTH Solutions
Seeking chiropractic care while preparing for pregnancy, and especially during pregnancy, is the best thing you can do for your body and your unborn child. Being under care can offset some of the physical and emotional traumas, as well as nutritional stresses.
In the later weeks of pregnancy, it’s also important to make sure ligaments are as balanced as possible. This allows the baby to get into the optimum position so the labor and delivery will be easier. Moms-to-be will experience a comfortable setting at Elevation Health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care Before Pregnancy
- A more regular menstrual cycle and optimal uterine function.
- It prepares the body to be strong, supple, and balanced as possible to carry the pregnancy.
- Restoring proper nerve supply to reproductive organs has helped many couples who thought they were infertile.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
According to recent studies, Chiropractic care may result in easier pregnancy including increased comfort during the third trimester and delivery, and reduced need for pain medications. Other benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include…
- A more comfortable pregnancy and delivery.
- A 50% reduced need for analgesics (pain medication).
- A 24% – 39% faster than average labor time.
- 84% of women report relief of back pain during pregnancy.
- Significantly less likelihood of back labor (contractions and sharp pain felt in the lower back during labor).
- Significantly reduced utilization of epidurals, forceps, vacuum extraction, episiotomies, and Cesarean sections.
- Reduced likelihood of postpartum depression.
For more information on these research findings, please visit the official website of the International Chiropractic Pediatrics Association.
The Webster Technique – A Safe and Gentle Chiropractic Approach for Pregnancy
The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic adjustment for pregnant mothers. Working to correct sacral subluxations, this technique balances pelvic muscles and ligaments in the woman’s pelvis, removes constraint and allows the baby to get into the best possible position for birth. Because of its ability to facilitate easier, safer deliveries for both the mother and baby, many birth care providers are actively seeking Doctors of Chiropractic with the skills in this technique.